- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. roll sage flavored sausage
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 Cup (2-ozs.) shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Crumble sausage into medium skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sausage to paper towels, set aside.
- Add butter and onion to drippings.
- Cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Cover bottom of pie crust with sausage, onion and 1/4 Cup cheese.
- Combine remaining 1/4 Cup cheese, eggs, milk, cream, salt and pepper in medium bowl, mix well and pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes. REDUCE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 350 DEGREES.
- Bake about 20 minutes more or until browned and well set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges; serve hot.
- Refrigerate covered leftovers.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More