- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. roll sage flavored sausage
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 Cup (2-ozs.) shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Crumble sausage into medium skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sausage to paper towels, set aside.
- Add butter and onion to drippings.
- Cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Cover bottom of pie crust with sausage, onion and 1/4 Cup cheese.
- Combine remaining 1/4 Cup cheese, eggs, milk, cream, salt and pepper in medium bowl, mix well and pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes. REDUCE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 350 DEGREES.
- Bake about 20 minutes more or until browned and well set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges; serve hot.
- Refrigerate covered leftovers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More