- Cooking Time: 3 to 5 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegtable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 candy bars (Baby Ruth, Snickers or your favorite)
- 3 to 4 cups oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- Combine egg, milk and vegtable oil in small bowl.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add wet ingrediats to dry, mix well.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Put candy bars in freezer for 15 minutes.
- In large pot heat oil to 375.
- Dip frozen candy bars into batter.
- You may have to add a little milk to the batter, it should be thick enough to coat candy bars, but not runny.
- Gently place in oil.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on brown papper bag.
- Sprinkle wwith powdered sugar
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
NotesWhat could be better tahan frying a candy bar? I add cinnamon to my batter for that extra something.
Simple Homemade Favorites
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More