- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 20 oz. chocolate chip ice cream - low fat okay
- 2 cups four-grain flake cereal - crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbls. granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. water
- (4) 8" flour tortillas
- vegetable oil - for frying
- cinnamon sugar - for garnish
- whipped cream - for garnish
- 4 maraschino cherries - for garnish
- Form ice cream into 4 balls.
- Place in baking pan and freeze solid, 2 hours or longer.
- Mix cereal, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Divide equally between 2 pie plates or other shallow containers.
- Beat eggs with water.
- Roll each ice cream ball in cereal mixture and press coating into ice cream.
- Dip coated ball in egg wash, then roll in second container of cereal mixture.
- Again, press coating onto ice cream.
- Freeze coated ice cream balls solid, 4-6 hours.
- Shape each tortilla into hourglass form (with narrow waist) by cutting off curved slice from 2 opposite sides.
- One end will serve as base for ice cream.
- Other end will be decorative fan.
- Heat oil in wok or large deep-fryer.
- Place tortilla between 2 ladles or large spoons of different sizes (smaller ladle on top).
- Place tortilla so that base end is cupped in larger ladle to form basket, with back of upper fan supported by handle of larger ladle.
- Deep-fry until crisp.
- Drain and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Set aside.
- Deep-fry frozen coated ice cream balls 30-45 seconds.
- Place each fried tortilla in large-stemmed glass, with fan part of tortilla standing vertically above glass.
- Set fried ice cream ball in base of tortilla.
- Top with dollop of whipped cream and decorate with cherry.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More