- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 20 oz. chocolate chip ice cream - low fat okay
- 2 cups four-grain flake cereal - crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbls. granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. water
- (4) 8" flour tortillas
- vegetable oil - for frying
- cinnamon sugar - for garnish
- whipped cream - for garnish
- 4 maraschino cherries - for garnish
- Form ice cream into 4 balls.
- Place in baking pan and freeze solid, 2 hours or longer.
- Mix cereal, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Divide equally between 2 pie plates or other shallow containers.
- Beat eggs with water.
- Roll each ice cream ball in cereal mixture and press coating into ice cream.
- Dip coated ball in egg wash, then roll in second container of cereal mixture.
- Again, press coating onto ice cream.
- Freeze coated ice cream balls solid, 4-6 hours.
- Shape each tortilla into hourglass form (with narrow waist) by cutting off curved slice from 2 opposite sides.
- One end will serve as base for ice cream.
- Other end will be decorative fan.
- Heat oil in wok or large deep-fryer.
- Place tortilla between 2 ladles or large spoons of different sizes (smaller ladle on top).
- Place tortilla so that base end is cupped in larger ladle to form basket, with back of upper fan supported by handle of larger ladle.
- Deep-fry until crisp.
- Drain and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Set aside.
- Deep-fry frozen coated ice cream balls 30-45 seconds.
- Place each fried tortilla in large-stemmed glass, with fan part of tortilla standing vertically above glass.
- Set fried ice cream ball in base of tortilla.
- Top with dollop of whipped cream and decorate with cherry.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More