- Cooking Time: 15 minutes, totoal
- Servings: 10-15
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 5 ice cubes
- About 2 cups seltzer
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (18-ounce) package Double-Stuf Oreo cookies
- Vegetable shortening for deep-frying
- 1. To prepare the batter for the Oreos, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl. Put the 5 ice cubes in a glass measuring cup and add enough seltzer to make 2 cups. Add to the flour mixture along with the egg yolk. Mix until there are no large lumps and the ice cubes have melted. Set aside.
- 2. Fill a tall saucepan or deep-fryer with up to 2 inches of vegetable shortening and heat to 350 degrees. Dip the Oreos in the batter and fry a few at a time until crispy, 45 to 60 seconds. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Continue until all the Oreos have been batter-dipped and fried.