- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 3/4 cup ice water
- 1 quart canola oil
- 1 sleeve of Oreo, Vanilla Sandwich cookies or other (14 each)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Freeze cookies for 3 hours.
- In a heavy-gauge 3-quart saucepot heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- While oil is heating, set up a sheet pan or large platter with paper towels for draining.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl stir water into buttermilk pancake mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- When batter has smoothed, dip each cookie, one at a time, into batter, making a thin coat completely around the cookie.
- Place coated cookie carefully into hot oil. Repeat for each cookie. Fry on both sides, turning over once and frying until golden brown.
- Remove fried cookie from hot oil with metal tongs and drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners sugar. Let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) before serving.
NotesWhat can I say? I was at our county fair and saw these. Just like the chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick, I just had to get a recipe. So, here are deep fried sandwich cookies. Whether it be Oreos, or vanilla sandwich or even those crunchy wafer cookies, give this a try. You'll feel so guilty, you can only make them once a year!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More