- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 3/4 cup ice water
- 1 quart canola oil
- 1 sleeve of Oreo, Vanilla Sandwich cookies or other (14 each)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Freeze cookies for 3 hours.
- In a heavy-gauge 3-quart saucepot heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- While oil is heating, set up a sheet pan or large platter with paper towels for draining.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl stir water into buttermilk pancake mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- When batter has smoothed, dip each cookie, one at a time, into batter, making a thin coat completely around the cookie.
- Place coated cookie carefully into hot oil. Repeat for each cookie. Fry on both sides, turning over once and frying until golden brown.
- Remove fried cookie from hot oil with metal tongs and drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners sugar. Let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) before serving.
NotesWhat can I say? I was at our county fair and saw these. Just like the chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick, I just had to get a recipe. So, here are deep fried sandwich cookies. Whether it be Oreos, or vanilla sandwich or even those crunchy wafer cookies, give this a try. You'll feel so guilty, you can only make them once a year!
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More