- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Snickers bars - Refrigerated (push stick into one end before refrigerating)
- Shortening or cooking oil for frying
- 1 cup of sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle
- whipped cream
- Begin by mixing together the flour, the water and the salt until the mixture is smooth, then cover the pan and allow it to stand at room temperature for between 20 and 30 minutes.
- After the mixture has sat for 20 to 30 minutes, stir the baking powder into the mixture.
- Put the cooking oil or shortening into a deep fat fryer and carefully insert a candy thermometer to ensure the proper cooking temperature.
- Take the flour mixture and begin to heat it over high heat.
- Carefully dip the candy bars into the batter, allowing any excess to drain off before putting them in the deep fryer.
- Fry the candy bars at 375 degrees until they have become golden and crisp.
- Carefully remove the candy bars from the deep fryer and allow them to drain on a paper towel before serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with a side of whipped cream or chocolate.
NotesIf Snickers bars are not to your liking, this recipe also works just as well with a variety of other delicious candies. Some of the best candies for deep frying include Mars bars, Three Musketeer bars and Milky Way bars. Other delicious and indulgent treats, such as Twinkies and Oreo cookies, can be prepared in this manner as well.
You can bring the goodness of the county fair to your home all year long.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More