- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 200g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 65g sugar
- 65ml UHT milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp margarine/butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 150g lotus paste/red bean paste (available at bakery shops)
- Put sifted dried ingredients, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the milk and stir in the melted butter to mix into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into portions of 30g each and wrap around a small ball of lotus/red bean paste filling.
- Shape into a neat round ball.
- Dip the ball lightly in water then dip into the sesame seeds to coat all over.
- Press the sesame seeds tightly around.
- Heat enough oil in a wok and slide in the sesame balls.
- Deep-fry the balls over a gentle low heat, stirring frequently until they turn lightly golden.
- Remove from heat and drain on absorbent paper towels.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More