- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 fresh deer heart
- 1 med. onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 qt. milk
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Soak heart in salted water for 24 hours, changing water 3 times.
- After 3rd change fill with milk.
- Make sure pot is covered at all times.
- Rinse heart well, cut meat away from heart.
- Slice very thin like shaved steak.
- Pat dry on paper towel, season.
- Heat large black pan.
- Brown onion slices in part of the butter and oil. Remove.
- Quick fry meat in remainder of oil and butter.
- Return onions to pan.
- Can serve like steak and cheese sandwich with melted cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More