- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 fresh deer heart
- 1 med. onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 qt. milk
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Soak heart in salted water for 24 hours, changing water 3 times.
- After 3rd change fill with milk.
- Make sure pot is covered at all times.
- Rinse heart well, cut meat away from heart.
- Slice very thin like shaved steak.
- Pat dry on paper towel, season.
- Heat large black pan.
- Brown onion slices in part of the butter and oil. Remove.
- Quick fry meat in remainder of oil and butter.
- Return onions to pan.
- Can serve like steak and cheese sandwich with melted cheese.
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More