- Cooking Time: 240 to 300 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 5 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryThis is my own recipe. I adjusted my mother's recipe to include the use of my crock pot.
- 2 lbs. of boneless deer steak
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup of cooking oil (which ever kind you normally use is fine)
- Salt & pepper your deer steak, then roll in flour. Have your oil in your skillet on high heat & hot enough to sizzle when you put the deer steak in it. Brown the deer steak quickly, doesn't have to be done all the way through since it will finish cooking in the crock pot. Put steak into crockpot. In the skillet that you browned the steak in, put in enough flour to thicken the oil. Stirring constantly, brown the rue, then add about 1 1/2 cups water. If the gravy is too thick, add more water. If it's too thin simply let it boil till it's a little thicker. Pour the gravy over the deer steak in the crock pot. Let it cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours. This is tender enough to cut with a fork. This recipe can also be used using beef round steak instead of deer.