- Cooking Time: 20 t0 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 t0 25 minutes
- 4 sheets filo (phyllo) dough.
- 2 and one half tablespoons melted butter.
- 2 tablespoons fine bread crumbs.
- 2 cups firm baking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced.
- one fourth cup sugar mixed with one half teaspoon cinnamon.
- Confectioners sugar for dusting.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place one sheet of filo on a tea towel. (Keep remaining sheets covered with a damp towel). brush lightly with butter and sprinkle with one half tablespoon bread crumbs. Cover with second sheet of filo and repeat, until remaining filo sheets have been used. Spread apples evenly on top to within one and one half inches of sides, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Starting at short end of dough, lift towel (to get dough started) and roll into a roll. Brush with butter and prick with a fork. Lay seam side down on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool. Dust before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More