- Cooking Time: 10 min for eggs
- Servings: LOT
- Preparation Time: 90 min
- Large Serving Platter
- Decorative Flower Pot (purchase at 99 Cent Store)
- Flower Pot Styrofoam (99 Cent Store)
- Wooden Skewers
- Fake Floral Birds (optional 99 Cent Store)
- Lettuce (for decoration optional)
- Cheese (any kind you like)
- Deviled Eggs
- ** You can basically do this how you like. Please see picture for example (ignore the mess around it).
- Soak wooden skewers for a couple hours or at least an hour to get some splinters out. Place flower pot in the middle of the platter with the Styrofoam in the center of pot. You can add some paper towels between the foam and pot if it is not large enough.
- Cut up fruit and cheese how you like and put them on skewers (except cantaloupe). Stick skewers into the foam. Place decorations (little birds) where you like. If you have left over cheese feel free to put some on toothpicks around the platter.
- Cut cantaloupe and add a prosciutto slice around each one securing it with a toothpick. You can also take the slices of prosciutto and cut them in half to make more.
- For the eggs make as many deviled eggs as you like and use your favorite recipe. I made 12 deviled eggs. I then laid the eggs on a bed of lettuce as a decoration. Enjoy!
NotesI am not sure where I orginally got this idea but I always wanted to do it. I made this tray for this Easter to bring to my mom's. It turned out really pretty and was fun to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More