DELICIOUS BEEF STEW
- 1/2 to 2 pounds cubed stew beef or veal
- 3 or 4 potatoes, skinned and cubed bite-size
- A few handsful baby carrots, sliced in half (or just slice regular carrots)
- 1 small onion, diced (large if you like onions)
- 1 can tomato soup (Campbell's has best flavor)
- 1 soup can water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- About 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Make sure beef is cut into bite-size pieces, all pretty much the same size. Coat with flour and brown in a little oil. Just brown the meat on all sides - don't cook it through.
Take the meat out when browned.
Add diced onion to whatever oil is left in the pan and cook a minute or two.
While the onion is cooking, microwave a cup of water with the 2 bullion cubes until it's hot and the cubes can dissolve easily.
Add the tomato soup, one soup can of water and the cup of beef stock. Throw in the potatoes, carrots and a tablespoon or two of Ketchup. Salt and pepper to taste (not too much salt).
Bring it all to a boil, and then cover and simmer on low for at least an hour. The last half hour keep the lid off slightly so the gravy can thicken a bit.
That's it! :) If you do it in a pressure cooker, it takes like 12 minutes. Great served over egg noodles. You can add more potatoes or carrots if you like. It's a pretty easy recipe to adjust.