- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 to 2 pounds cubed stew beef or veal
- 3 or 4 potatoes, skinned and cubed bite-size
- A few handsful baby carrots, sliced in half (or just slice regular carrots)
- 1 small onion, diced (large if you like onions)
- 1 can tomato soup (Campbell's has best flavor)
- 1 soup can water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- About 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Make sure beef is cut into bite-size pieces, all pretty much the same size. Coat with flour and brown in a little oil. Just brown the meat on all sides - don't cook it through.
- Take the meat out when browned.
- Add diced onion to whatever oil is left in the pan and cook a minute or two.
- While the onion is cooking, microwave a cup of water with the 2 bullion cubes until it's hot and the cubes can dissolve easily.
- Add the tomato soup, one soup can of water and the cup of beef stock. Throw in the potatoes, carrots and a tablespoon or two of Ketchup. Salt and pepper to taste (not too much salt).
- Bring it all to a boil, and then cover and simmer on low for at least an hour. The last half hour keep the lid off slightly so the gravy can thicken a bit.
- That's it! :) If you do it in a pressure cooker, it takes like 12 minutes. Great served over egg noodles. You can add more potatoes or carrots if you like. It's a pretty easy recipe to adjust.