- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup plain greek non fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup splenda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts (topping)
- Frosting & middle layer:
- 3 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup plain greek non fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons splenda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the brownies: blend together yogurt, milk, sugar and egg in a medium bowl. In a small bowl stir together cocoa, protein powder, baking powder, and flour.
- Gently stir dry into wet until just incorporated and pour into a greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Let cool on a rack before you cut the cake in half to spread chocolate layer in between.
- For the frosting & middle layer: In a small bowl blend together all ingredients, spread on middle layer and top off with the rest and sprinkle pecan nuts on top. Serve and Enjoy !
NotesIn the mood for something sweet and filling this morning, but don’t want to get overly unhealthy before the upcoming Christmas dinner? Try these Protein packed Chocolate brownies! They are deliciously filling and pair well with a hot cup of coffee. The best part, they are far far healthier than any protein bar you could buy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More