- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- -3 Tbsp. Butter
- -1 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- -3 Tbsp. Chicken Broth
- -1/4 tsp. each jalapeno salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic and onion powders
- -3 ounces of cream cheese, cubed and softened
- -1 cup colby-jack cheese
- -1 1/2 cups flour
- -1/2 tsp. salt
- -1/2 tsp. paprika
- -1/2 cup cold butter
- -4 to 5 Tbsp. cold water
- NOTE - You can make the filling either in the microwave or in the skillet)
- In a large skillet, melt butter; stir in chicken broth, seasonings and cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add chicken.
- For pastry, combine flour, salt and paprika in a bowl; Cut in butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/16 inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter (or use the top of a cup dipped in flour).
- After circles are cut out of dough, mound a deaping Tsp. of mixture onto half of each circle. Top with tsp. of shredded colby jack cheese. Fold dough over filling. Press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining filling and pastries circles. Bake at 375' for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- ENJOY!!! These are so yummy!
- NOTE *These empanadas can also be made with taco meat or different types of cheese! Also, when I am short on time, I sometimes use the pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts that roll out!
Notes*I first began making this recipe a few years ago when My hubby and I first got married....He LOVES them and he even enjoys the filling on its own with Tortilla Chips...On his birthday I asked him what he wanted me to make for his "Birthday lunch" (since he had to work on his B-day- And he asked for this!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More