- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, room temp
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temp
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour sides and bottoms of 2 cake pans. Set pans aside.
- In large bowl of mixer, stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and soda. Stir in the sugar.
- In small bowl, combine the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the dry ingredients. Stir in the buttermilk, melted butter and coffee. Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Bake at 350 for around 50 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More