- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, room temp
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temp
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour sides and bottoms of 2 cake pans. Set pans aside.
- In large bowl of mixer, stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and soda. Stir in the sugar.
- In small bowl, combine the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the dry ingredients. Stir in the buttermilk, melted butter and coffee. Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Bake at 350 for around 50 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More