- Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Servings: Yields 15 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream cheese Filling:
- 1 pkg.(8oz) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients:
- flour, sugar, cocoa,,baking soda,salt.
- When well mixed add wet ingredients,water,vegetable oil,vinegar,vanilla.
- Beat with egg beater,two half to three minutes until nice and smooth.
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- Have the cream cheese at room temp.
- Combine the cream cheese,sugar,egg,salt, in a mixing bowl.
- Beat together with egg beater for one half to two minutes till nice and smooth.
- Now add the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin liners about half full of chocolate batter,
- Then top with cream cheese filling about one tbsp full per one cup cake liner.
NotesThis recipe for chocolate cream cheese cupcakes is a Mennonite favourite. It's simple to make and very delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More