- Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Servings: Yields 15 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream cheese Filling:
- 1 pkg.(8oz) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients:
- flour, sugar, cocoa,,baking soda,salt.
- When well mixed add wet ingredients,water,vegetable oil,vinegar,vanilla.
- Beat with egg beater,two half to three minutes until nice and smooth.
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- Have the cream cheese at room temp.
- Combine the cream cheese,sugar,egg,salt, in a mixing bowl.
- Beat together with egg beater for one half to two minutes till nice and smooth.
- Now add the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin liners about half full of chocolate batter,
- Then top with cream cheese filling about one tbsp full per one cup cake liner.
NotesThis recipe for chocolate cream cheese cupcakes is a Mennonite favourite. It's simple to make and very delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Recipes for Vitality
The Social CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More