- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 1 pan
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 425. Beat together egg, buttermilk, and honey.
- Mix well together all dry ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients, including melted butter, and mix well.
- Spread into buttered 8 inch square pan, and bake.
- Serve hot with butter and a chunk of cheddar cheese.
Notes"May was simpleminded. I don't mean retarded, because she was smart in some ways and read cookbooks nonstop. I mean she was naive and unassuming, a grown-up and a child at the same time." -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~The average pH of honey is 3.91, but it can range from 3.42 - 6.10.~
MetroCooking Texas 2013
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More