- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 1 pan
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 425. Beat together egg, buttermilk, and honey.
- Mix well together all dry ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients, including melted butter, and mix well.
- Spread into buttered 8 inch square pan, and bake.
- Serve hot with butter and a chunk of cheddar cheese.
Notes"May was simpleminded. I don't mean retarded, because she was smart in some ways and read cookbooks nonstop. I mean she was naive and unassuming, a grown-up and a child at the same time." -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~The average pH of honey is 3.91, but it can range from 3.42 - 6.10.~
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Babette's Test Kitchen
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More