- Cooking Time: 52
- Servings: 15 to 20
- Preparation Time: 180
- 12 Tablespoons butter
- 6 onions, thinly sliced
- 24 large all purpose potatoes, peeled, cooked and diced
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups minced parsley
- 72 ounces cooked ham,diced
- Clean the potatoes with a vegetable wash and cook them with the skin on in a large pot of boiling water. Cook until they are tender, but not mushy. Drain and run under cold water.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and place in a large stainless steel bowl.
- In a large skillet melt 6 tablespoons butter over moderately high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. Using a slotted spoon, remove the onions to a medium size bowl.
- Add the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and stir in the potatoes, thyme and black pepper. Cook without stirring for 5 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown. Stir and continue cooking 5 minutes more until browned throughout.
- Return the onions to the skillet, add the ham and both green and red bell peppers, and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the evaporated milk and parsley and cook 2 minutes
NotesI was asked to make potato recipe for a men's breakfast at our church and after searching our liberary of cookbooks I found the recipe for O'Brien potatoes. This recipe lend itself easely to prepare for a large crowd and is delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More