- Cooking Time: 50 to 55
- Preparation Time:
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs.
- Add oil & pumpkin; beat until smooth. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin, mixture.
- Pour batter into five greased 5-in. x 2-1/2in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325º for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- **Editor's Note: Bread may also be baked in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans for 75-80 minutes.
NotesI was worried about all the oil called for in the recipe...but it is a really good, tasty recipe! Can't really taste the vanilla pudding...sure is a smooth bread tho. :)
I found this in the Country Store insert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More