- Cooking Time: 35-45 minutes
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large red onions
- 1 large sweet/yellow onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped thyme (I used lemon thyme; you could use dried, but use a little more than 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the lemon juice, mustard, thyme, garlic, salt , pepper and olive oil in a bowl until all ingredients are incorporated. Then pour the marinade into a large ziplock bag.
- Cut up the onions into wedges. To do this, cut the onion in half and then lay the halves down on the flat side and cut into the wedges.
- Throw the cut up onion wedges into the ziplock bag and give it a good toss until the onions are coated. Place the onions on a large baking sheet.
- Place the onions in the oven and let them roast for 35-45 mins.
NotesI saw this recipe on Barefoot Contesa on my parent's 37th wedding anniversary. I decided that I wanted to make dinner for them, so I paired these with some chicken piccata and some brown rice.