- Cooking Time: 30 min. freezing time
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 2 c. fresh blackberries (or other berry, orange juice, peaches etc.)
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator until mix comes to 40 degrees.
- Add mix to ice cream freezer following manufacturer's instruction.
- Enjoy now as a soft serve or place in a container to ripen in the freezer 4 hours.
NotesI saw this recipe in a Southern Living magazine and was a little skeptical of the addition of buttermilk. I tried it and was immediately glad I did.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More