- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Pillsbury ready to use pie crust
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. flour
- Dash salt
- 7 c. thinly sliced tart cooking apples (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, flour and salt, mixing well. Add to apples in large bowl. Toss lightly to coat apples. Place bottom crust into 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Add apples, mounding high in center. Dot with butter. Add top crust making several slits near center so that steam can escape. Fold edge of top crust under bottom crust. Press together with fingertips. Crimp edge with fork. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Cool and serve.
NotesThis recipe is very easy and it's so good. You can make it with one crust or two. You can carefully lay the apple slices on top of one another, or mound them in the center, whichever you prefer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More