- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 g smoked diced bacon pieces
- 500g carton passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 150ml chicken stock
- 420g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 420g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Treacle
- 1 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1 tsp smoked mild or hot paprika (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat the oven to 180oC (160oC fan) gas 4. In a flameproof casserole cook the onions in the oil over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring. Add the bacon pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes until they begin to colour.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to simmer. Cover and place in the oven to cook for 1 hour. Alternatively simmer on the hob for 40 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread if liked.
NotesI found them on a fab site - Lyles Golden Syrup. The kids love it and I love the recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More