- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 300g of self-raising flour
- 1 tsp of baking flour
- 85g of caster sugar
- 150g of blueberries
- 225ml of buttermilk OR half milk, half yogurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 85g of butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 200 oC/400 oF/Gas Mark 6.
- Prepare a silicone muffin tray, or use silicone cake cases to line a muffin pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar and sift into a large bowl. Next add the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, vanilla and butter. Pour these onto the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. Don’t over mix!!!
- Spoon big dollops into your prepared muffin tray. Press a couple of extra blueberries on top of your muffins for decoration.
- Bake for 20 minutes until your muffins have risen and they are golden. Leave to cool in the pan for a few minutes and then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
NotesI found this recipe in a book called 'baking magic'. I found it hassle free and easy to prepare.