- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI was two years old (I am now 31) when my mom got cravings for something really sweet and since I loved custard pies she decided to whip up an experimental sweet pie. She served me a slice and when I was done I screached and cried so long for some more that she finally gave in. Seeing the delight on my face as my second and thereafter third piece arrived for me to tackle - my mom then called her creation, "Delightfully Sweety Pie".
My nickname became Sweety Pie (I wonder why?)...
- 1 tin evaporated milk (435g)
- 2 large eggs
- 250ml brown sugar (sticky caramel one)
- 37,5ml flour
- 25ml margarine
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
- Pour evaporated milk in a measuring jug.
- Add water to it until the jug is filled to 500ml.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Combine sugar & flour in a seperate bowl.
- Cut the margarine into the sugar & flour till the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the milk mix to the sugar mix.
- Beat until blended.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 200 degrees C till knife inserted comes out clean (+/- 30 min).
- Cool thoroughly - if your little Sweety Pies can wait!