- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional (I omitted these)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter (1 1/2 cups peanut butter)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Spread in a greased 15 x 10 x 1" pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over cake; return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a knife dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over cake.
- Cool. (I did not spread them, when I took them out of the oven they seemed fine the way they were. )
- For topping, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal.
- Immediately spread over bars.
- Yield: 3 dozen
NotesWhen I saw these on Good Eats 'n Treats I knew I had to try them. They are worth making. Next time I will add more peanut butter to them.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Joe's Omelet Supreme
Douglas' Christmas Chili
Mushroom, Potato and Smoked Gouda ChowderSee More