- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional (I omitted these)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter (1 1/2 cups peanut butter)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Spread in a greased 15 x 10 x 1" pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over cake; return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a knife dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over cake.
- Cool. (I did not spread them, when I took them out of the oven they seemed fine the way they were. )
- For topping, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal.
- Immediately spread over bars.
- Yield: 3 dozen
NotesWhen I saw these on Good Eats 'n Treats I knew I had to try them. They are worth making. Next time I will add more peanut butter to them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Naked MacaronSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More