- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pieces wheat or white bread – cut ½ inch thick
- 6 pieces bacon
- 4-6 pieces bibb leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
- juice of one lemon
- ¼ lb. sliced turkey breast
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella – sliced
- mayonnaise (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a baking wire rack on a sheet pan and arrange the bacon on the rack in a single layer. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, until the bacon is browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside. (If you prefer, fry the bacon slices in a skillet and drain as usual).
- Place the 4 bread slices on a sheet pan. Divide the turkey slices and mozzarella evenly on two of the pieces of bread. Toast the bread for 5 minutes or until evenly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Place the 2 plain toasted slices on a cutting board. Spread each slice with mayonnaise, if desired. Cover the slices with a layer of lettuce. Peel the avocado and slice it 1/2-inch thick. Toss the avocado slices gently with the lemon juice, and arrange on top of the lettuce leaves.
- Place 3 slices of bacon on top of each sandwich and then add a layer of tomato slices on top of the bacon. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place the other toasted half (with the turkey and melted mozzarella) on top.
NotesA twist on an old favorite...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Delightful DessertsSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More