- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 c tahini
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (or use 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Rinse the chick peas in a colander or strainer, and drain.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth. You can add water while processing if the consistency is too thick. Taste the result to see if more seasoning is necessary (that's my on-the-fly way to do it). Scrape into a serving dish, and serce with pita bread and cut veggies. Yum, and soooo easy!
NotesI was always wary of vegetarian dishes, especially something that looks like hummus does. Then I had some! I loved it, and now I can't get enough of trying different variations.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More