- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raspberry, blueberry or apricot preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. In large mixing bowl, thoroughly blend butter, cream cheeses and sugar. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture.
- Turn dough out onto large floured board. Knead to form stiff dough. Roll with a rolling pin to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch squares. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon preserves in center. Firmly press opposite corners together.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle on confectioners sugar to taste.
- Makes 5 dozen.
NotesThese are a must on our cooky tray for Christmas. I got this recipe from my mother and I know that my grandma made them too. So I guess it is easy to say that these are a family tradition.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More