- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250g/9oz Wholewheat pastry flour
- 75g/3oz Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 175g/6oz Butter or Vegan Marg
- A Large Handful of Hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 300F or 150C.
- Beat the butter or margarine with the sugar until blended.
- Add the flour, and mix together to form a dough.
- Knead on a floured surface.
- Gently work the whole hazelnuts through it, flatten out to a depth of about half an inch.
- If you have a moon-shaped pastry cutter, use this to form the biscuits.
- However, you may want to cut the moon shapes yourself with a small sharp knife.
- You can even add a few features, or Moon symbols, to the surface.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet, and put in the oven until light golden brown.
NotesMoon Biscuits are traditionally eaten with wine during various moon celebrations or rituals. They are made in the shape of the crescent moon, and the whole hazelnuts in them represent the Full Moon that is to come.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More