- Cooking Time: 80-90
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.HEAT sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel colored. Quickly pour into bottom of 2-quart casserole dish.
- PLACE evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, eggs and vanilla extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish. Place casserole in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; fill baking dish with warm water to 1-inch depth.
- BAKE for l hour and 20 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove flan from hot water; cool to room temperature in casserole on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Run knife around rim; gently shake to loosen. Invert onto serving dish.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More