- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 squares (1 oz each) semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBS black raspberry liqueur
- 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa
- Raspberry Sauce
- 2 packages thawed frozen raspberries (10 oz each)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS black rasberry liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan.
- LIne bottom and sides with foil, extending it an inch above each side. Butter foil and lightly flour.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and transfer to mixing bowl. Melt butter over medium heat, bring to a boil being careful not to burn. Pour over chocolate and mix until melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and continue beating until well combined.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Add flour and salt mix just until blended.
- Pour in cream and liqueur and mix until all ingredients are well comined. Pour batter into pan and smooth with spatula.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted incenter comes out barely clean. The cake should be very fudgy, don't overbake.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Here comes the hard part: Refridgeate 5-6 hours or overnight to set.
- Remove from pan and peel off foil. Turn over and sprinkle with cocoa on top. Cut into 1/2 inch slices and serve in a pool of sauce. Makes 16 servings.
- Drain rasperries and reserve 1 cup liquid. In blender combine raspberries, l cup liquid, sugar, lemon juice and liqueur. Process. Strain to remove seeds. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
NotesI found this recipe in a magazine close to 20 years ago. It's very decadent.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More