- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 squares (1 oz each) semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBS black raspberry liqueur
- 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa
- Raspberry Sauce
- 2 packages thawed frozen raspberries (10 oz each)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS black rasberry liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan.
- LIne bottom and sides with foil, extending it an inch above each side. Butter foil and lightly flour.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and transfer to mixing bowl. Melt butter over medium heat, bring to a boil being careful not to burn. Pour over chocolate and mix until melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and continue beating until well combined.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Add flour and salt mix just until blended.
- Pour in cream and liqueur and mix until all ingredients are well comined. Pour batter into pan and smooth with spatula.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted incenter comes out barely clean. The cake should be very fudgy, don't overbake.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Here comes the hard part: Refridgeate 5-6 hours or overnight to set.
- Remove from pan and peel off foil. Turn over and sprinkle with cocoa on top. Cut into 1/2 inch slices and serve in a pool of sauce. Makes 16 servings.
- Drain rasperries and reserve 1 cup liquid. In blender combine raspberries, l cup liquid, sugar, lemon juice and liqueur. Process. Strain to remove seeds. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
NotesI found this recipe in a magazine close to 20 years ago. It's very decadent.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More