- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- paprika or parsley sprigs (optional)
- (Also see variations below)
- Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set whites aside. Place yolks in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar; mix well. If desired, season with salt and black pepper. Stuff egg white halves with yolk mixture. Cover and chill until serving time (up to 24 hours). If desired, garnish with paprika or parsley.
- Italian-Style Deviled Eggs: Prepare as above, except omit mayonnaise or salad dressing, mustard, and vinegar. Stir 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese into mashed yolks; mix well.
- Greek-Style Deviled Eggs: Prepare as above, except fold 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, 1 tablespoon finely chopped pitted kalamata olives or other pitted ripe olives, and 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano into yolk mixture. If desired, season with black pepper.
- Curry and Crab Deviled Eggs: Prepare as above, except omit mustard and vinegar. Stir the mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard, 1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives, and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder into mashed yolks; mix well. Fold in 1/4 cup drained, flaked canned crabmeat.
- Chipotle Deviled Eggs: Prepare as above, except omit mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar. Stir 1/4 cup dairy sour cream, 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion, and 1 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce into yolk mixture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More