- Cooking Time: 9 minutes
- Servings: 12 (1 serving=2 pieces)
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2/3 cup silken tofu, drained
- 1 Tablespoon mayo (can use low fat)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put eggs in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to boil over high heat and simmer for 9 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water and run under cold water until cool enough to touch.
- Peel eggs under running cold water.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out yolks.
- Discard 6 yolks (or save for another use), place remaining yolks in medium mixing bowl.
- Add tofu, mayo, mustard, hot sauce, horseradish and chives to yolks, mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add more hot sauce if desired and mix well again.
- Spoon yolk mixture into ziploc bag, snip off a corner, and pipe mixture into hollowed egg white halves.
- Sprinkle each half with paprika and serve or chill.
NotesI saw this recipe on Food Network ("Healthy Appetite" With Ellie Krieger) and was curious enough to copy it down. I finally made these over the weekend and loved them!
I know you're thinking "tofu in deviled eggs?" but you really can't taste it. The tofu is there as a filler since you only use half the yolks, so this is a healthy recipe. The hot sauce, horseradish and Dijon mustard provide a noticeable kick. Yum!