- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 1 good squirt yellow mustard
- a splash vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sweet pickle cubes (optional)
- How to hardboil eggs:
- Lay the eggs in the pan and add enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Set over high heat and bring just to the boil; remove from heat, cover the pan,and let sit exactly 17 minutes.
- When the time is up, transfer the eggs to the bowl of ice cubes and water. Chill for 2 minutes.
- Peel eggs and cut in halve lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside. Using a fork mash yolks into until there are no lumps. Add mayo and mustard. Blend with fork until well combined and smooth. Add a splash of vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, and pickle cubes if using.
- Put yolk mixture into a re-sealable plastic bag, using scissors, snip a small corner off and pipe even amounts of yolk mixture into egg whites. Store deviled egg in refrigerator.
NotesOne of my many weaknesses, yes these definitely are! A simple recipe that always shows up at our holiday dinners, and anytime in between when we get a craving.