- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFrom Ruth, a friend...
- 1 chocolate pudding cake mix
- 8 oz. soft whipped cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 oz. melted bittersweet chocolate
- 1 Lb. sifted 10X sugar
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Fold a piece of Reynolds parchment paper to about 9" wide to fit in the pan and have some left hanging about an inch over the edge.
- Lightly grease the parchment.
- This will make it easy to remove from the pan.
- Prepare cake according to directions, pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix next 4 ingredients - beat well.
- Spoon on top of cake batter in 8 piles.
- Bake 350 - 40 min.
- Let cool in pan - 3-4 hours.
- Run a knife around edge of pan.
- Lift, using the parchment, from pan to cutting board.
- Cut in 8 squares.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.