- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOkay, you are in a hurry and need that snappy chocolate cake for your dessert tonight. Maybe you need an easy cake to take to your company picnic or office spread. The Devils Food Pound Cake is the answer! I know our moms and grandmoms made "from scratch" pound cakes, having to buy all that butter and a dozen eggs just for part of the ingredients. This recipe is as delicious but with less ingredients and time to prepare it.
If you are taking the cake to a gathering, purchase a plastic cake taker (usually under $5.00) and some of the paper doilies that I find in the baking section of my market (if it carries cake decorating supplies). Otherwise, stop in your local craft store and go to the cake decorating section. You should find them there, in various sizes. Buy several so you will have them on hand. I place a doilie on the plate section of the cake taker, place the cooled cake on the taker, then add the glaze. This gives the cake that special decorator look!
- 1 package Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 package (small) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into a bundt or tube pan that you have greased and floured.
- Bake in your 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- After the caked is done, let it cool in the pan for about 25 minutes. Then, invert on a heat resistant plate to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.