- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder (of less if you want it less spicy)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can of chopped tomato (15 oz) drained
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, chopped
- Curry powder to taste (garnish)
- Pick over lentils, removing any stones or foreign matter. Place in a bowl or colander and rinse thoroughly. Place lentils in pot with enough cold water to cover well.
- Melt butter in large pan. Add garlic, carrots, celery, cabbage, and onion- cook for 10 minutes. While mixing, add the spices, tomatoes, lentils, lemon juice, vegetable/chicken broth, coconut milk. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender and cooked.
- Season to taste. Garnish with cilantro and curry powder.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More