- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup solid shortening
- 1/2 cup sorbitol
- 2 tsp clear vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup 2% low fat milk
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Combine cake flour, baking poweder, and salt in a sifter.
- Sift into a medium sized bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat shortening, sorbitol, vanilla, and water together until creamy.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Grease an 8" cake pan.
- Line pan with wax paper and grease again, then flour pan lightly.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes
- Nutrition Information
- Exchange: 1 serving = 1 starch/bread or 1 fat
- Calories: 1 serving = 105
- Carbs: 1 serving = 12
NotesThis pairs perfect with my diabetic frosting!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More