- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Skim milk
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) cocoa
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1 egg, separated
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 10 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) instant skim milk powder
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) ice water
- 9 inch (1 L) baked Oatmeal Pie Crust (recipe below)
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup (50 ml) milk to soften.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk 1 cup (250 ml) milk and cocoa together until well blended.
- Heat to boiling in a heavy saucepan; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir together cornstarch, egg yolk and remaining 1/4 cup milk.
- Stir into cocoa mixture; continue cooking over low heat
- until mixture thickens. Mix in gelatin and sweetener until they
- dissolve. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Chill until partially set. Beat together egg white, skim milk
- powder and ice water until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate
- mixture. Spoon into pie shell.
- Chill about 4 hours until set.
- Makes 8 servings.Each serving: 1/8 pie including crust
NotesThe combination of a crunchy, crisp crust holding a velvety, smooth chocolate filling is a delectable dessert treat
The Naked Macaron
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More