- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup margarine (at room temperature)
- 10 (1 gram) packs Equal sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, lemon or other flavoring
- Combine water, dry milk and flour. Stir until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick and smooth or in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring every three seconds. Place container in cool water and stir until cool. Set aside.
- Cream margarine and sugar substitute together until light and fluffy. Add cooled sauce, 1 tablespoon at a time while beating at medium speed of electric mixer. Add vanilla extract or other flavoring and beat on high until light and fluffy. Refrigerate until used.
- Use 1 tablespoon per portion. Return to room temperature before spreading on a cooled cake.
- Yields 20 servings, Diabetic exchange: 1 fat
NotesWho would have thought! A buttercream frosting diabetic friendly!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More