- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30
- ◦1 16 ounce package frozen unsweetened strawberries or 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- ◦¾ cup sugar
- ◦1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ◦4 cups whole milk
- ◦1 12 ounce package frozen unsweetened red raspberries or 3 cups fresh red raspberries
- ◦¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1.Partially thaw frozen strawberries, if using. Mash strawberries slightly to break up; set aside.
- 2.In a large saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin.
- 3.Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just starts to boil.
- 4.Remove from heat.
- 5.Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 175 degrees F and mixture coats the back of a clean metal spoon.
- 6.Do not boil. Stir in strawberries, raspberries, and orange juice concentrate.
- 7.Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. (Mixture will be very thick after chilling.)
- 8.Transfer the mixture to a 4- or 5-quart ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturers directions. If desired, ripen.
NotesTwo kinds of berries are better than one! Diabetic Delicious Double Berry Ice Cream is easy to make and it is filled with both strawberries and raspberries.
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More