- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEven diabetics like to eat candy. I leave the alcohol out as brandy is not in my supply and I only buy rum extract.
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbl Unflavored gelatin (5 pkg)
- 1/2 cup Sweetener equiv. to sugar**
- 1 tsp Brandy Extract
- Combine milk and cocoa in a small sauce pan, whisk until lumps of cocoa are gone.
- Heat over medium flame until thick (about 5 minutes).
- In a separate saucepan pour the gelatin into the water, mix and let stand for about 5 minutes. Now heat over low heat or until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour into cocoa/milk mixture.
- Stir in non-sugar sweetener and Brandy
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into prepared 9"x9" dish.
- Refrigerate, cut into squares.