- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Skim milk
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) cocoa
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1 egg, separated
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 10 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) instant skim milk powder
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) ice water
- 9 inch (1 L) baked Oatmeal Pie Crust (recipe below)
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup (50 ml) milk to soften.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk 1 cup (250 ml) milk and cocoa together until well blended.
- Heat to boiling in a heavy saucepan; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir together cornstarch, egg yolk and remaining 1/4 cup milk.
- Stir into cocoa mixture; continue cooking over low heat
- until mixture thickens. Mix in gelatin and sweetener until they
- dissolve. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Chill until partially set. Beat together egg white, skim milk
- powder and ice water until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate
- mixture. Spoon into pie shell.
- Chill about 4 hours until set.
- Makes 8 servings.Each serving: 1/8 pie including crust
NotesThe combination of a crunchy, crisp crust holding a velvety, smooth chocolate filling is a delectable dessert treat
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More