- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 1 dozen
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled and cut up
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda end salt in large bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until crumbly (like pie crust dough).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add whipping cream, stirring just until moistened.
- Place sheets of Reynolds Parchment Paper onto baking sheets.
- Drop dough (approximately 2 tablespoons) onto parchment paper.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
- To make plain scones, leave out chocolate chips.
- Serve with butter and your favorite preserves.
NotesI clipped this recipe years ago in a magazine. They are delicious and come out perfect everytime! I make them for my family on weekend mornings. I have a weekly Bible study group and I am not allowed to serve anything else!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More