- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 1 dozen
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled and cut up
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda end salt in large bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until crumbly (like pie crust dough).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add whipping cream, stirring just until moistened.
- Place sheets of Reynolds Parchment Paper onto baking sheets.
- Drop dough (approximately 2 tablespoons) onto parchment paper.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
- To make plain scones, leave out chocolate chips.
- Serve with butter and your favorite preserves.
NotesI clipped this recipe years ago in a magazine. They are delicious and come out perfect everytime! I make them for my family on weekend mornings. I have a weekly Bible study group and I am not allowed to serve anything else!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
MetroCooking DC 2013
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More