- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12-18 bars
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Diet Delight® Cinnamon Bars, was created by Bella Bartha.
- 1 cup Tropical Food’s Diet Delight® Snack Mix
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave honey, brown sugar, butter and salt on full power for 60-90 seconds, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from microwave and add vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over oats and Tropical Food’s Diet Delight®.
- Mix thoroughly to coat. Pack mixture in a greased 8x8 baking tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before cutting into bars.