- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2- No. 2 cans French Cut Green Beans
- 1 Med/ onion cut in rings
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 6 tbsp vinegar
- Drain beans put in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish place separated onion rings over beans, fry bacon, save drippings cut bacon in halves or quarters and lay over onion rings Sprinkle almonds over bacon.
- Add sugar and vinegar to bacon drippings and heat. Pour over casserole.
- cover and marinate several hours or over night.
- Bake 45 min. at 350 Serves 6
- Put in 3 cans beans and 10 slices bacon to serve 8 to 10 use 2 qt. dish.
NotesMy husbands grandmother gave me this recipe and it's a must at Thanksgiving. I have used both fresh & frozen green beans instead of can and both work really well. Make sure if you use frozen that you cook it first or they will be a little too firm. It may seem like it will be greasy from the bacon fat but it's not. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More