- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2/3 cup rice
- 4 4oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 9-12 chicken tenders)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Cook rice according to package directions, set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high.
- Add chicken and cook 3-6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to plate, cover and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and add sour cream, dijon, lemon juice and tarragon to skillet.
- Stip until heated through, scraping browned bits from bottom and side of skillet with wooden spoon.
- Uncover chicken and slice into strips.
- Spoon one tablespoon of sour cream mixture over chicken, cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining sour cream mixture on medium.
- Add rice, spinach, lemon zest, and 1/4 cup water.
- Stir gently until spinach is wilted, about 30-60 seconds.
- Spoon onto serving plates and top with chicken, dividing evenly
NotesLooking for a gluten free recipe for Kyra's friend Jen, I found this one that quickly became everyone's favorite. Lots of light, lemony flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More