- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2/3 cup rice
- 4 4oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 9-12 chicken tenders)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Cook rice according to package directions, set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high.
- Add chicken and cook 3-6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to plate, cover and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and add sour cream, dijon, lemon juice and tarragon to skillet.
- Stip until heated through, scraping browned bits from bottom and side of skillet with wooden spoon.
- Uncover chicken and slice into strips.
- Spoon one tablespoon of sour cream mixture over chicken, cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining sour cream mixture on medium.
- Add rice, spinach, lemon zest, and 1/4 cup water.
- Stir gently until spinach is wilted, about 30-60 seconds.
- Spoon onto serving plates and top with chicken, dividing evenly
NotesLooking for a gluten free recipe for Kyra's friend Jen, I found this one that quickly became everyone's favorite. Lots of light, lemony flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More