- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2/3 cup rice
- 4 4oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 9-12 chicken tenders)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Cook rice according to package directions, set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high.
- Add chicken and cook 3-6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to plate, cover and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and add sour cream, dijon, lemon juice and tarragon to skillet.
- Stip until heated through, scraping browned bits from bottom and side of skillet with wooden spoon.
- Uncover chicken and slice into strips.
- Spoon one tablespoon of sour cream mixture over chicken, cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining sour cream mixture on medium.
- Add rice, spinach, lemon zest, and 1/4 cup water.
- Stir gently until spinach is wilted, about 30-60 seconds.
- Spoon onto serving plates and top with chicken, dividing evenly
NotesLooking for a gluten free recipe for Kyra's friend Jen, I found this one that quickly became everyone's favorite. Lots of light, lemony flavor.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More