- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI am always looking for new potato soup recipes. This was a good way to use the dill from my Aerogarden. If you double the recipe, this makes 4 main course servings. I did not have a lot of leek, so I added some onion, too. I used my immersion blender, it left some chunks but I'm
CATEGORY: Low Fat
METHOD: Other stovetop
TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
One serving: 1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium broth) Calories: 133 Fat: 2 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 5 mg Sodium: 695 mg Carbohydrate: 26 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 6 g
Ok with that...makes it nice and rustic
- 1 cup sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Herb potato chips and finely shredded leeks, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute leeks and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, carrot, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan. Whisk a small amount of soup into buttermilk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Add dill; heat through (do not boil). Garnish if desired. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
- SERVINGS: 3
- CATEGORY: Low Fat
- METHOD: Other stovetop
- TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- One serving: 1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium broth) Calories: 133 Fat: 2 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 5 mg Sodium: 695 mg Carbohydrate: 26 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 6 g