- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 - 2-1/2 lb. boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh dill
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- hot cooked noodles
- In large skillet, brown roast in hot oil. Place roast in 4-quart electric crockery cooker, cutting to fit if necessary. Add the water to cooker. Sprinkle roast with 2 teaspoons of the fresh dill, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours, until meat is tender. Remove roast from cooker, reserving liquid; cover roast and keep warm. Measure liquid from cooker; skim fat. Reserve 1 cup of the juices.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together yogurt and flour until well combined. Stir in the 1 cup reserved liquid and remaining dill. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Season to taste
NotesThis recipe brings back alot of memories. My mom used to make it in the colder months and we always looked forward to the tender, juicy roast with accompanying gravy. Leftovers would last for days. Because the crockpot does most of the work, this recipe is wonderfully easy to pull together.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More